These cards can also be used in so many different ways.
Their durability and high-quality mean they can be used in a wide range of situations. Plastic cards are not just visually appealing, they can also easily interact with most machines.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce landfill use and old card waste by recycling old plastic cards into new cards.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- Any business wishing to lower its impact on the environment, should be using recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To get more info on custom plastic cards and competitive pricing, fill in the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and making sure you find the right one for the job requires a careful examination of your needs.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-navigate website.
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
You can read honest product reviews from customers just like yourself. Everyday low prices that can help you save up to 50 percent on printers. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Think about Before Purchasing an ID Card Printer
There are a few important things to focus on when you're shopping for your own ID card printer. Just keep these items in mind. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most card printers can be purchased as either single or dual sided models.
The single-side models are lower cost, but require more effort in printing to card backs. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
High yield ribbons, large hopper capacity and print speed time are things you need to look for if you plan on printing large batches of cards.
If you only print small amounts, you can save money with a handfed printer, or with a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
Some other security options to consider include hologram stickers and watermarks, along with special durable card stock. 5) Connection Type
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. When it’s necessary to connect to a network with multiple computers, you'll need to choose a printer with ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
Polyvinyl chloride is a popular equivalent for plastic these days, and even though you probably think first of pipes and construction, PVC happens to be a very durable plastic which is perfect for printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular of ID card printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) along its length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Badgy200 by Evolis is the most competitively priced option available.
No dual-sided printer needed to print on both sides of the card!
This way you can save roughly $600.00, the cost difference between the single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
This will allow you to save $600, which is a difference between a dual-sided card printer and this single-sided version.
AN ALL-INCLUSIVE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey printing solution for PC or Mac. The package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) good for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows customers to print their cards immediately and independently.
You can print your badges as your need for them increases - in small batches or as single cards. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
Additionally, you can import data from a database, while adding information to your card designs in one single click, all while launching a print run comprised of your badges and one command, that includes immense variable data.
BRAND IMAGE EMPHASIS
The Badgy200 Printer produces personalized plastic cards using edge-to-edge professional quality printing, so that your organization's brand image can be strongly highlighted.
USER-FRIENDLY The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite software, you can control the printer from your computer with notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, which means it will easily fit into nearly any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy gives you the power to print your own customized badges in color with professional quality whenever and wherever you want! This solution provides for the instant production of personalized cards for all kinds of uses.
- A Card Printer
Plastic provides a superior result no matter what type of card you're creating.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- The Evolis Badgy200 solution helps you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The included Evolis Badge Studio+ software enables anyone to create great-looking professional badges without any artistic or technical training.
- It's compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to create personalized badges in minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Go ahead and locate your ideal free template at www.badgy.com, where you’ll find custom templates, to which you can add your own logo, text, images, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power cable and power supply
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is ideal for first-time card printers.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy offers a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon loading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back of the printer.
Additionally, an LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
It's also very fast with a color YMCKO print speed of around 95 cards each hour, with a monochrome speed of approximately 325 cards in an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print ID cards or badges with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Event badges